The Bik Bok Runway Award is an endorsement of young, talented designers. Bik Bok, a vital member of Norway’s largest fashion company, will grant five young designers the opportunity to showcase at Oslo Runway. As a recognition to young talent’s hard work and craft, Bik Bok wants to encourage new designers to pursue a career in fashion and support new prospects within the Norwegian arena.
– Must be Norwegian nationals based anywhere, or of any nationality based in Norway.
– Have created a collection that they can showcase.
– Have no investor/ financial partner
In addition, they must fulfill at least one of the following requirements:
– Received national or international media coverage
– Held shows or presentations
– Have designs ready for production
– Have designs available for purchase in stores or online
– Education in fashion/design
– Work experience for established designers
How the winner is chosen
A nomination jury will select the 5 finalists. A second jury will select the winner.
The winner will be announced after the showcase in August.
The winner will receive:
– A prize of 100,000 NOK, which may be used for creation of a new collection or production of existing designs.
– A full show of the designer’s new collection, hosted by Oslo Runway, in February 2018.
– An offer of a mentorship from Bik Bok in their desired field.
The application deadline is June 1st.
The application must include:
– Curriculum vitae with contact information
– A letter of motivation for Bik Bok Runway Award. No more then one page.
– Images of the previous collection, in addition, and optional; work in progress. Look book images is preferred to catwalk images.
Collate your application into a single PDF (no more than five pages), use your name as the file name and send the PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award show will take place during Oslo Runway August 22nd-24th